SOLVED Internet connection before login

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

Is there any way I can connect to my PPPoE internet before Login.
I want it for team viewer. I always use my home pc remotely from office. but if I want to restart or switch user then it get disconnected. Actually teamviewer has option to start it as windows service. So I am thinking it would start before login as many other services.
I want to confirm if it will get start before login. and How can I have PPPoE internet connection before login. so that I can access teamviewer.

Thank You.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi ssd532 welcome to Windows 7 Forums

There may well be software to do this but would Safe Mode with Networking be of use ?

Reaction score
I am not getting exactly how safe mode with networking be used. can you please explain this a bit. thanks

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I had an issue when I had ADSL with PPPOE. I simply put a router between my ADSL modem and my computer.

Never had to log-on again since the router was always logged on.

Reaction score
Yes of course it is very good idea but I don't have router. any suggestion guys? actually I am planning to get a router, but lets see when, not very soon.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Can you use Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet in safe mode and why cant you use Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet after logon ?

Reaction score
I access my home pc remotely.

For some reason I restarted that pc remotely.

Now situation is,
The home pc is stuck on logon screen, somehow I need to logon remotely.

For that I can think of teamviewer like software.

But if at this point if pppoe connection is not started yet then i can not connect
to teamviewer, ultimately I can not login remotely.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes its a problem and as suggested the only way around that I know of is to introduce a Router.

Reaction score
It seems you can do it without any router

On the PC aimed for remote you need:
1. Write cmd file with one line: rasdial <pppee_name> <username> <passw>
2. Download app “runassvc” from http://www.pirmasoft.de/runassvc.php (it´s in german and great and free) It works on Win7 nicely.
3. Run it and insert the fullpath to your cmd.
4. Reload. That's it.

Ask a Question