internet access

Reaction score
I am using Windows 7 Professional OS at office. and has a internet connected through LAN which is 24*7. Why the error message" no internet access" appeares after booting on the PC everyday. The connection gest enabled automaticaly after some time? The problem is not there if I connect PC with Windows XP OS. Adapter is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Windows 7 uses a delayed process to start some of it's drivers where Windows XP did not. In Windows XP everything was already loaded before the desktop was displayed but in W7 Microsoft tries to make it appear like you are up and running before all the drivers have loaded. This was done primarily because people complained XP took to long to boot.

Is this what you are referring to? The 30 seconds or so after the W7 desktop is displayed on boot-up before the LAN drivers all get loaded into place? If you are using a wireless connection then this is even more noticable because it takes some time to establish the connection and it all happens after you see your W7 desktop.

If that is what you mean then it is perfectly normal, just a change to the way drivers load between XP & W7. Please mark this solved if that answers your question or give more details if it does not.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
How long does the message appear before you have internet access?

Reaction score
there is no specific time as such. It varies. Generally for 15-20 minutes

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
15 to 20 minutes! no that's not normal, normal is 30-60 seconds. Is your connection wired or wireless? Have you asked your company's tech support to check out the problem?

Last edited:

Ask a Question