SOLVED Incorporated Mic unusable

Reaction score
Can anyone field this? I'm utilizing audio interfacing hardware which required me to disable my internal/incorporated dynamic microphone, I now want to use it, but it's nowhere/no-way to be found again.

I used SOUND --> RECORDING(tab) as can be navigated to via Start --> Search: "Sound", then the Recording tab.
I did not think I was permanently disabling my mic, in the past, always after disabling a device, upon re-boot, this device would (annoyingly) always resurface wanting a driver re-installed. Of course now that I want this to happen, it does NOT ( I'm hearing the name Murphy here somewhere )

Computer = G62 HP Laptop
Audio Interfacing Hardware = Tascam USB-122

Anything / Anyone? Thanks...

pi.Boss

Reaction score
* NAVIGATION CORRECTIONS

Sorry for the ill-mannered navigational instructions. Correctly: Use Start button, the search area there, and search for "Sound". In the results on my computer under the "Control Panel" listing is "Sound". Click on "Sound" and then in under the "Recording" tab, I right-clicked on Microphone, or clicked it then clicked the "Properties" button. Within this area, I clicked on that which indicated it would disable my internal microphone.

Of course the other way to navigate to this is via the Control Panel, this is how I originally got there.

Thanks...

Can anyone field this? I'm utilizing audio interfacing hardware which required me to disable my internal/incorporated dynamic microphone, I now want to use it, but it's nowhere/no-way to be found again.

I used SOUND --> RECORDING(tab) as can be navigated to via Start --> Search: "Sound", then the Recording tab.
I did not think I was permanently disabling my mic, in the past, always after disabling a device, upon re-boot, this device would (annoyingly) always resurface wanting a driver re-installed. Of course now that I want this to happen, it does NOT ( I'm hearing the name Murphy here somewhere )

Computer = G62 HP Laptop
Audio Interfacing Hardware = Tascam USB-122

Anything / Anyone? Thanks...

pi.Boss

Reaction score
And the answer is (four days later):
Select the Hardware & Sound category in Control Panel THEN Sound, THEN the Recording tab THEN Right-Click in the white-space area below from where it says "Select a recording device below to modify its properties". Upon your right-click a context-menu with check-mark ability will be provided whereby you may re-enable the display of disabled devices as well as the display of disconnected devices.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I missed this OP back a few day ago... my bad!

However, you figured it out yourself and that's good. Persistence does pay off for sure.

P.S.
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

Ask a Question