SOLVED Icons Scattering

Reaction score
The icons on my Win 7 Home Premium desktop are frequently scattered every which way by a number of occurrences, such as downloading any new program that puts a new icon on my desktop. Unfortunately in my Dell version of Win 7 when I right click on the desktop, I don't get any" lock" icon option that I've heard is available in other Win 7's, only auto arrange icons and align icons to grid. When I leave auto arrange icons unchecked and check align icons to grid, that doesn't keep them from scattering. Is there any little program compatible with Win7 that might help?

Reaction score
Many thanks for this program that appears to work, though the front end is labeled entirely in German, a language I don't understand. I won't bother my head with whether I should click on the tab labeled "Schnee," or maybe the one labeled "Uhr" or "BS-Schoner." Neither will I tamper with the checkmark in front of "Flocken immer im Vordergrund." Nope, what works is what works. I kid you not, this lively little number from lederhosenland even scatters falling snowflakes all over my screen, a marked improvement over icons leaping all over the place:D

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
lol :p Well, at least it works :)

Here ya go:
Schnee = Snow * WTF?! *
Uhr = Clock
BS-Schoner = BS-Saver?

Edit: you can change the language by clicking on the little flag icon on the bottom left.

Last edited:

Ask a Question