SOLVED How to use Win 7 search please.

Reaction score
Even though I'm familiar with Win 7, its search I find somewhat misunderstood. In general with XP I can narrow down the search with date and time yet I haven't found this option with Win 7. Is there a list of search options I could read up on? TIA!

Reaction score
solved. If I had looked more closely I would have seen the modifiers with search my computer. Sorry for the useless post.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sorry for the useless post.
Did you learn something? Did you post your findings so others may learn? I'd say yes and yes and therefore, hardly useless. ;)

Reaction score
Sorry ... but I am still in the dark. I run Win7 Professional. I attempt a Search and get NO SATISFACTION! Some say that modifiers come at the end of the page of results, but what I get is a general list including Libraries, Homegroup, Computer, Custom, Internet ... I assume "Custom" is what I want, and when I go into that I seek out a large folder, Writing, that includes quite a number of folders and files within it. I seek a word in a title and I get 414 ! Results, NONE of which contain the word I am seeking. WTF?!

As far as this ol' dog is concerned, the Search in Win7 is useless as a heart in a Republican.

Is there some other engine of internal search that I can add to Win7?

Ask a Question