How to set unique folder properties

Reaction score
I want to be able to set properties for each folder uniquely like I could in Vista/XP, etc.

I have several folders that I keep open at all times that have links to often used programs.

For example, I have one folder that has all my development programs. I have another that has all my Poker programs, another that has all my security programs, etc.I find this a better way to organize my many programs than to leave icons on the desktop.

I want to be able to configure these folders differently than other folders. In these folders all I want to see is a list of the programs. No file sizes, no dates, etc and I want to be able to define the size and location of the folder. I can do this for one folder. When I open up another folder it now has the same properties as the last - and I don't want that to happen. I want to set my normal file folders one way and my program folders another. I have the following folder options set:

Open each folder in its own window
Launch folder windows in a separate process
Restore previous folder windows at login

The attached image is how I want my program folders to look. My file folders I to leave as normal.

Attachments

Ask a Question