How to hide 'View' pane sitting at the top of e-mail pane?

Reaction score
Thanks all for the responses. I really appreciate all.

With all your help and instruction, I did accomplish my task, .... removed a Calendar from the right pane.

Now, another issue surfaced is that there is 'view' that sitting at the top of all e-mail pane. I tried to remove by clicking 'view' all way at the top, however it does NOT go away.

I want as maximize pane to read all e-mails as possible, then I do NOT need 'View' pane at the top that taking a lot of space. I want Windows Live to be like Outlook Express/XP as possible which has a lot of space for e-mails to read.

How to hide 'View' at the top sitting at the top of e-mail pane?

Thanks always,

Reaction score
You are probably wanting the reading pane to the right of the message list. Look at the settings for the reading pane and see if this is set.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Me again. I hope I get it right this time!!
Right clcik the blue bar at the top and select "minimise the ribbon"
In the view options, you can also hide the message headers, which will make more space.Whether you have your panes left or right, you can also right click on the divider and drag it larger.

One more option in "View" if you are intent on more space, is to select compact view.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's done.

Now, happy to see 'space' that is similar to Outlook Express with XP.

I truly appreciate both, the quick and knowledgeable responses to this issue.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question