Help with Restarting

Reaction score
Home Prem 64 Bit.
Lately something odd happening and will try to explain.

When I remove a program (I use Revo) and then window pops up saying to complete I must restart the PC.
After the Restart, my desktop looks like when I first installed Win 7 - Desktop background, very few icons on the desktop...
I then reboot/restart the PC again. After that completes, the desktop looks like it is supposed- all my icon and the background correct.
When I go to C\Users - I see a locked Temp Folder (with sub folders- all empty).
This has happened to me twice. So now I have 2 locked Temp folders.

Any idea what could be going on?

I did update the BIOS last week, but all was fine until yesterday.

Can I reflash the BIOS with the same version number?

Thx !

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is no reason to reflash the same BIOS and in fact you risk bricking your motherboard every time you flash so I would discourage it. Besides, the BIOS has the most to do with booting prior to the OS taking over, you are in the OS when you see problems - most likely caused by registry problems.

I would probably install and run Take Ownership on the locked temp folders (via windows explorer) and then delete them to see if that helps.

I have never used REVO but if it has messed up your registry (which is the most likely cause of the "weirdness" you describe) then restoring to the registry prior to its' use may help.

Reaction score
Thanks for tips (and for Take Ownership).

I can now delete the new Temp folders-

Ask a Question