SOLVED Help me please..

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a dell inspiron 1545 the other day, and while I was on It. I accidently got Bing search bar on my IE. and I wan't It off and I can't.. I actually tried to do my 1st restore already like an idiot and im getting so frusturated.. I dont have the bing toolbar I just have the search bar and i want it off.. I did the tool/internet option/program and disable and enable thing and it didn't work..

any help please?

Edit :
Merging post

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m49/athleticandy88/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Just simply switch your home page to another that doesn't have a Bing search engine on it. And if you're new to computers, be careful of what you click onto. As I recall, during the IE8 first time startup, there is a page suggesting you to use Bing, along with checkmarks. One of them is you agreeing to set Bing as your default search provider. They are prechecked. Is MSN also your homepage? That was also prechecked. That's the only thing that I know to do, is switch homepage.

Reaction score
Hi Andyps88 - Welcome to w7forums

The search box is built into IE7 and IE8.

If you would like to change from Bing to Google or what ever you would prefer. Click the arrow next to the search magnifying glass and find more providers.

There is a hack to remove it.
Personally I don't recommend this solution.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Andyps88 & welcome to W7 Forums

Does the Bing search bar show in Programs and Features ? if so you can uninstall it.

Reaction score
ok thanks, did what clifford said, and got google to what I wanted... but B is a secondary search bar I guess since I can't offically remove it.. and also since I did the restore. In my delldock on security my Lojack icon wont open or go away, since I already registered... do I need to call dell?

Ask a Question