Hacked, User and Group System Control

Reaction score
Win 7 Home Premium. I have active hackers who have specifically targeted me, taken control of my OS, USB, Flash Drive, DVD drive and programs. They have installed user and group profiles and deleted sensitive files on my system, AVG LiveKive archives, flash drive and Skydrive. They have control over all versions of IE 8,9, 10 browsers. They can control reboot of my system, and it has shutdown numerous times. They are using the Paint program to attach viruses to files. They are using white font to hide filenames, etc. They have affected my task scheduler and clock so protection programs, event logs, etc., don't run. I have a huge list of known affected areas.

I am not a computer expert, and have tried to fend them off for a year, including a clean reinstall. I have deleted numerous known programs and files that they had access to. I need PROFESSIONAL help. When I had IYogi assist me last year, they gained access to my computer through the Remote Assistance.

As the enemy is known to me, I will be filing a computer crime report and need to preserve any evidence still existing on my computer.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
As the enemy is known to me, I will be filing a computer crime report and need to preserve any evidence still existing on my computer.
Hi Echoreverb and welcome to Techie 7.

Do note this activity is certainly a crime and what you need to do to preserve the evidence is stop using that computer, disconnect that computer from your network, then call the police. Then secure your network, and use a different, properly secured computer, and most importantly, you as the user (always the weakest security link) must avoid risky behavior that exposes you and your computer.

And clearly, the fact they are gaining access to your system means you need to become more disciplined at Practicing Safe Computing.

Ask a Question