Games not working

Reaction score
The only game that still works is Chess. I can play for a minute or so if I do it through Media Center.

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 745, 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, with a brand new WD Blue 1TB HDD and a brand new install of Windows 7 Home Premium. I have 2 GB of RAM and only integrated graphics.

The error window is titled, "Executable for Minesweeper Game" The header text says, "Executable for Minesweeper Game has stopped working". The main body text reads, " A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The only button says, "Close program." I also have the red X close window button at the top right.

I would have posted a screen clip if the forum allowed it.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
The only game that still works is Chess. I can play for a minute or so if I do it through Media Center.

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 745, 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, with a brand new WD Blue 1TB HDD and a brand new install of Windows 7 Home Premium. I have 2 GB of RAM and only integrated graphics.

The error window is titled, "Executable for Minesweeper Game" The header text says, "Executable for Minesweeper Game has stopped working". The main body text reads, " A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The only button says, "Close program." I also have the red X close window button at the top right.

I would have posted a screen clip if the forum allowed it.

Any ideas?
Uninstall and reinstall any or all the Windows inbuilt games. Follow the link below for in detailed steps:
http://www.thewindowsplanet.com/629/remove-microsoft-windows-default-games-windows-7.htm

You need to uninstall only games that were causing problem or couldn't launch properly.

To again install games, follow the same procedure as described in the article except to mark check the box stating Games in front of it.

Hope it helps!!!

Reaction score
Unsuccessful

Uninstall and reinstall any or all the Windows inbuilt games. Follow the link below for in detailed steps:
http://www.thewindowsplanet.com/629/remove-microsoft-windows-default-games-windows-7.htm

You need to uninstall only games that were causing problem or couldn't launch properly.

To again install games, follow the same procedure as described in the article except to mark check the box stating Games in front of it.

Hope it helps!!!
Thank you, but it does not. I have already tried this twice.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it were me, I would create a brand new user and see if the games work there. If so then it is likely registry damage to your original ID, in which case your choice would be to move your data to the new userID and use that or reinstall W7.

Reaction score
Tried That Too...

If it were me, I would create a brand new user and see if the games work there. If so then it is likely registry damage to your original ID, in which case your choice would be to move your data to the new userID and use that or reinstall W7.
Thank you. I tried both of those things also. They do not work under any other users either, and I have tried reinstalling W7 three times, if not four.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are they online games or do local games have problems too?

If it is only online games that are a problem then it would likely be your firewall, A/V, or router blocking the signals.

Ask a Question