Floating preview

Reaction score
Here's an interesting problem I've encountered as of late. Let's say I have Eudora & Chrome hauled up. After a bit, if I hold the mouse over the Eudora Icon down on the Taskbar, I get, instead of one preview, two!!!
If I click on the Preview that actually has nothing in it, it goes over to Chrome. If I just hover the mouse over it, it will show the Desktop.
I'm going to try and upload a Screenshot of this so you'll get a better idea of what I'm trying to say. If there's something that you know that is causing this, please advise. I'll appreciate the help. Thanks!

Attachments

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Are you using OSE or the old version?

Reaction score
Core, thanks for the reply. You've lost me as to the OSE. Maybe you can clarify. You're dialogging with a greenhorn. :-}
(Using Windows 7 Home Premium)

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
The "old" Eudora is the classic Eudora; OSE is the "open source edition" which is the new Eudora, and it is based on Mozilla code. The old Eudora has a lot of compatibility issues with Windows 7, which is why I was asking. Part of the problem is that Eudora tries to store files where Windows Vista and 7 don't permit it, which causes all kinds of issues. Not saying that's the cause of yours, but it doesn't help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now I understand the question. I'm using the old(er) Eudora. It's strange this - I've used Eudora on Windows 7 since last July and never have had a snag. Eudora works perfectly but it's weird and wonderful why suddenly out of the blue, I get a double preview pane when hovering this mouse over the Eudora icon.
As you say, it might not be but then very well could be the basis of the problem. I'm too sorry that Qualcomm dropped Eudora. Thanks again for your replies Core.

Ask a Question