firewall and antivirus message

Reaction score
Hi I have these messages from my action center that my antivirus and my firewall are down but when I check on my BitDefender all is OK.What should I do?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Are you sure they're both active (turned on)?

Windows sometimes doesn't recognize all brands of AV/Firewall products, that's why you may be getting that warning. Make sure that you have a product that's compatible with Windows 7. and your bit version, if given that choice.

As long as you know you're protected, you can turn off messages about this issue (Security) in the Action Center.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have a product that doesn't notify windows then you will have to turn the warning off, but only if you are absolutely sure they are on and up-to-date. If it used to be fine and now all of a sudden isn't then I would suspect this is not the issue but that your A/V is out-of-date or something else is wrong.

It would probably also be a good idea to install Malwarebytes (freeware version) and run it as a passive (manual) scan. A link to Malwarebytes is available in our Freeware Database.

Reaction score
well my predicament is still going on, today I've got this alarming message with a red color and a X inside(I would post a screen cap but I don't know how):

An unauthorized change was made to windows

you will no longer receive notifications, including those about your licence or activation, use this link below to find out how to fix your system

error 0x80070005
description
Access denied.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I wonder if your system is corrupt or if maybe you have been infected by a virus that tries to sell you a fake solution.

Are you sure you have a legal copy of W7? There are many bogus copies sold every day on eBay etc. If your sure it came from a legit source then perhaps your HD is having problems (failing) so see if the system repair disk can find any corrupt system files and repair them.

The other highly possible cause is a virus. You might try downloading and running some of the various RKILL programs and see if they find any malware. You can also use the freeware portion of malwarebytes to try and remove any infection if RKILL is able to remove it from memory. RKILL and malwarebytes are available in our Freeware DB.

Ask a Question