Firefox freezes

Reaction score
After about 6 hours of up time for my desktop, Firefox doesn't work any more. Says its working but not really. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Is it only FF? Can you still access your email and load and run other programs? What FF version are you currently running.

Reaction score
FF Freezes

when ff freezes, nothing work, no email, the only way to get out is hit the x in the corner or sometimes reboot. and I use the latest ver 3.6.8

Reaction score
Remove whichever antivirus you have in safe mode using the tool found here (I know you have Norton or AVG, right? lol):

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE.

Let us know how it goes. You can also type this in an elevated command prompt, then press enter, if you still have problems:

chkdsk /r

------

Sounds like a memory leak in the a/v.

------

If Flash is involved ever, clear the cache:

AdobeClearFlash

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try the suggestions Torrent G has given you. Sounds as if it's not FF on it's own that's freezing. FF is now up to version 3.6.9 but your version has generally been stable.

Reaction score
FF Freezes

I have MSE installed already. My history shows at one time I had Trojan Dowloader:QT/Waick.A and that it has been removed

Reaction score
FF Freezes

I tried running chkdsk and it just flashes by, so assume it will not work, any other way to get it work?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
For an elevated command prompt: If you click the windows orb ... All programs ... Accessories ... Find command Prompt and right-click ... Select Run as an administrator.

Ask a Question