Errors galore

Reaction score
Since I first started using Win 7 I've been getting a very weird bunch of error messages. It's like having a boss who is always complaining before there is a problem. I get stuff like this:

Driver failed to load: - then it goes ahead and works.

Application is not responding: - then it operates normally.

Plugin did not function properly: - then it goes ahead and functions.

System refuses to shut down: - then it shuts down.

Anybody else have this kind of error melee?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Application one & the shutdown one I get. The shutdown one is usually because an application in the background is not acknowledging the shut-down order from the task manager but if it still has not responded with a "clean" shut-down, after about 15 seconds (the length of this delay can be tweaked in your registry), the computer will forcibly shut-down the offending programs (of course this could mean your data is not saved). As for the application one, again an application isn't playing nice with the task manager when queried but as soon as it does start responding the notice goes away.

Reaction score
It strikes me that if the application or whatever has actually started the process of coming up, the computer (the Win 7 programmers) has no business throwing up an error. If it had NOT started the computer wouldn't know what to talk about. If it HAD started there's no reason to post an error unless it has stalled out - which it has not because it is running within a second or two.

All these things giving errors that haven't happened are fubar. If the thing just waited a second it wouldn't have to post anything. Around here they call it jumping the gun.

I've been into computers for decades and know what normal looks like. But my question is, "why is it jumping the gun." Because it is Win 7?

Ask a Question