Error on bootup, Desktop Freezes

Reaction score
Hi, I am having serious problems with my PC at the moment.

It started a couple of days ago when an error appears on one of my hard drives (second drive) during bootup, but after the first encounter I logged into windows fine and thought nothing of it. A while after my desktop froze and I was unable to do anything so I restarted. The error was still there but I logged into windows fine again, but the desktop froze instantly after I clicked anything and this continued. Now I can only just reach the login screen and it will freeze there.

I have been into safe mode and tried various scans. I have ran CCleaner which did not solve the problem, Norton360 fails to do any scan at all and I also used MalwareBytes to scan for malware. During the malware scan it found around 8 infections, but when it started scanning a certain area on my main drive inside the windows folder the desktop froze. The exact same thing has happened on two occasions.

Safe mode now seems to freeze after a short while, including on the login screen and it seems I am running out of options. I want to make formatting my hard drives a last resort as I have important files that I do not want to lose.

I have also physically opened my desktop, cleaned for dust and reconnected both hard drives to try and solve the error but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PS. I have attached a picture of the error which appears during bootup

Attachments

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Download TDSSKiller and save to desktop. Run it in Safe Mode. As long as you can keep safe mode active for a max of 30 seconds then that will be enough for it do its job.

Ask a Question