Error on boot up.

Reaction score
For kicks & fun, I went to:
Event viewer/ Apps & services logs/ microsoft / windows/ diagnostic - performance.

Next to [FONT=&quot]Boot Performance Monitoring, there was an error icon. I copied the log file but not sure what I am looking for.
[/FONT]

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You will often find error icons in the event monitor. They sometimes occur if you have customised your OS in any way nd, therefore, disagree with the Microsoft standard.
If you double click the event, you will get a separate window, with a detailed description of the event. You will often find a message, such as this one which is regular on one of my computers on initial boot up.
This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system startup process:
File Name : dwm.exe

Reaction score
I thought that maybe it was because I added a instant restore point to the start up - but after removing that and then rebooting, got the same error.

So I guess it could be Starter by Codestuff or some thing similar.

Any way it got me 2nd guessing. So its one of those the less you know the better and since I dabled it got the best of me.

thx

Ask a Question