Duplicating Desktop

Reaction score
I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a new Dell Laptop and I have an HDMI connection to an HD TV. I can use the Windows Projector Only function which displays my laptop desktop on the TV but it removes the desktop from my laptop.

I would like to duplicate my laptop desktop display onto the TV Screen using the Windows Duplicate function so I can see the desktop on my laptop and the TV. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Press ( Windows Key + P ) and see if that helps you.

I press the Windows Key + P and click on Duplicate but nothing happens, my desktop is not displayed on the HDTV. The HDTV continues to display No Signal.

If I click on Projector only, my desktop is displayed on the HDTV but not on my laptop.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Display Settings in Windows 7

1. Left-click the "Start" button and select "Control Panel" from the menu.

2. In the Control Panel, double-click "Appearance and Personalization." Then left-click "Adjust screen resolution."

3. Left-click the black arrow next to "Multiple Displays" and select "Extend these displays" from the drop down menu.

4. Left-click "OK." Your screens will now both be visible and usable.

Source
http://www.ehow.com/how_6116940_set-up-second-monitor-laptop.html

Last edited:

Ask a Question