Driver signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have win 7 64 bit and can't install printer , It keeps saying driver not digitally signed . I have a Hp officejet 4500 (G510-g) This is the third printer i got this week thinking it was something with the printer , I also tried a Cannon printer and had the same issue , I have spent HOURS trying to figure this out . Appreciate ANY help I can get on this .

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Try these. (easiest first!)
1. Install the Printer in Administration mode. (Right click (Admin) -Try again.

2. Download and install EasyBcd (Free).
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/EasyBCD.shtml

Go to "Advanced Settings". Tick the box at the bottom (Allow installation..etc) reboot and try the installation again.
and.

3.. (Have a backup or useful restore, if you try deeper things such as this!)
  1. In the command prompt box, type the following and press enter:
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

This must be exact. It does the same thing as suggestion 2. but without the program.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It says the driver is installed but not Digitaly signed ? I did do the Download from the HP site ,

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It says the driver is installed but not Digitaly signed ? I did do the Download from the HP site ,
So then are you saying the Printer is working or not?

Just because a driver is not "digitally signed" does not imply it's bad, or whatever. It just means that MS has not put their "Kiss of MS Approval" on it.

Is this a big concern for you?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In windows 64 if the driver is not digitally signed then depending on settings W7 may refuse to install them and it should refuse to run them. It is supposed to add extra security.

I would be amazed if HP has unsigned drivers so I think you should try to download it again. Uninstall what you have currently. Then be sure it is gone completely using Driver Sweeper. Then reboot & install the new one.

If you truly have unsigned drivers then you may need a program like dseo13b.exe to get them to run on your system. Read HERE.

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help. The digital signing is not the issue. I apologize. I do have the most current HP drivers and they are digitally signed. I'm still having issues but I started another thread titled usb printing in win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question