Display issue

Reaction score
I can no longer see any of the icons on the last two inches on the right side of my screen. This includes the minimize, maximize, exit, clock, calendar, etc or any of the hidden icons in the tool bar. I have no vertical or horizontal scroll bars. I cannot click and drag the window. I cannot exit pop-ups that have the "x" in that area of the screen. I have tried to resize, however, the "size" option is grayed out. The icons are already the smallest possible. I changed the resolution, allowing me to see a little more on the right, but not all and the picture is now so bad that I can't work with that resolution. Additionally, I now have the menu bar (file, edit, view, etc) at both top and bottom of screen . I have even done a system restore and it didn't work. I am using windows 7 on a 12 inch laptop. This display problem exists on the desktop, all programs and online. It is definitely a windows issue as I've tried chrome, firefox and explorer and the problem is the same and as I said, it also exists on the desktop home screen.

I got a new modem recently, but it has not created the same problem on my other laptop (which is windows 8) and I don't see how a modem could cause this type of problem. Thanks in advance for any help. mmcknox1

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you use an external monitor when you are home? If so, in screen resolution which display is listed as #1? You need to make sure it is the laptop.

Any chance you have a virtual desktop? No scrollbars you simply click on the desktop and drag it around.

Ask a Question