Crashing/freezing

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Acer 5739G with Windows 7. My problem is that the computer crashes and freezes sometimes by itself. Sometimes I also get the blue screen.
What I have done is that I have used Memory Diagnostics tool but there was no problem.

From http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/r...4119/5bfaffee-1de5-4f15-9fe0-2d38d1124119.jpg (I don't now what the name of the program, sorry for my bad english)

I found these problems:
occurrence name: LiveKernelEvent
occurrence name:BlueScreen
I have more information about them if that will help

C://Windows/MiniDump have several files.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Star_Melon, welcome to the forum! There are a couple of things you can do to check your file system. The first is CHKDSK, you access that by clicking Start (the Windows symbol), on the right you'll see Computer, click that. Then you'll see your drive(s). Right click your main drive (or the one you're having problems with), there will be a list, click Properties, there will be a box, select Tools, then your top option is Error Checking. Click "Check Now", there will be a smaller box, make sure that "Automatically fix file system errors" is checked, then click Start. This may take a bit, do make sure you have time while doing this. There's another command to check with, but I need to make sure I have the right one, I'll post back with it as soon as I can.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That check above is the best one that I can find. I was looking up another, but I don't want to lead you the wrong way. If the above doesn't help, post back.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help:), I have done this controll now, Is there anything more I can do?

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help:), I have done this controll now, Is there anything more I can do?
Good. But what was the result? Did CHKDSK find any errors on your hard drive?

Cheers,
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Star_Melon, did this correct your problem? I hope so, it does fix many file errors. Should you have anymore problems, feel free to post back anytime, there's usually someone around to help.

Reaction score
I really don't know if it have fixed the problem because dosen't freeze very time I open the computer for exampel so I can't see I direct result, but we will see :)

The CHKDSK did something with file posts or something but it didn't find fix any erros.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Star_Melon, you can also run a malware scan, just to make sure your system isn't infected. Malwarebytes has a free scanner for this, you can download it, be sure to update it, and do a full scan. It's a long scan, mabye while you're gone awhile, or not going to be using the computer for awhile, you can do this scan. It's a powerful malware seeker & remover, and at the end of the scan, the complete results will be shown to you. It won't hurt anything to try it.

Ask a Question