SOLVED Compatibillity mode

Reaction score
Windows 7 was not allowing me to install an excel add-in. I then changed the excel.exe to compatibility mode. Now, that add-in is running, but every time when i start excel i am greeted with a prompt 'do you want the following program to make changes to this computer". Which is really irksome. Can you suggest me how to get rid of this message.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That's part of the User Account Control. You can disable it if you want.

It's easy won't affect to security of the computer.

Reaction score
I started this thread when i was at office where windows 7 is installed, now i am at home and this pc has windows xp, sp3. Since i am new to windows 7, i would like to know how exactly i can do it because even after setting different user controls, the damn thing appears. Please elaborate.

Reaction score
I started this thread when i was at office where windows 7 is installed, now i am at home and this pc has windows xp, sp3. Since i am new to windows 7, i would like to know how exactly i can do it because even after setting different user controls, the damn thing appears. Please elaborate.
. Yes, resolved. Thanks a lot.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, was busy at work.

Ask a Question