change password from a guest account

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new here,
my dad just bought a used laptop for 30$.
The problem is that there is one accout Carl with a password and an acount Guest without.
Because I need for the most things admin rules, I can't do that with the Guest account.
I tried many things like repacing sethc.exe but every time I need admin rights, even when I trie to install a program.
Can somebody help me?
If you need more info feel free to ask.
And sorry if I may switch the a with the q (I'm now typing on a qwerty keyboard and for a azerty user it is really hard).

Zied.

Reaction score
We can't help you circumvent someones security. If you can perform a system recovery, that would give you admin rights without giving you access to someone else's account. If the laptop didn't come with recovery disk, call the manufacturer and see if they are available.

Reaction score
We can't help you circumvent someones security. If you can perform a system recovery, that would give you admin rights without giving you access to someone else's account. If the laptop didn't come with recovery disk, call the manufacturer and see if they are available.
Yeah I thought a system recovery would help but then it will be back windows vista instead of windows 7 and Carl (the dude who selled the laptop to my dad) forgot the password and forgot where the windows 7 disk is. (I think he got alzheimer or something :( )
So I will just manufactur recovery and install Windows 8. (In a local store you can get it for the holidays for only30 bucks)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Wow, you can get Win8 for 30 Euros in your country? Be careful it isn't some sort of scam where they sell you just a product key and they sell it to others too until eventually all the computers get shut out as illegal copies. Cheapest I ever saw was about US$39 in the USA when Win8 was first released, but now at regular price it runs about US$119.

As for resetting the password there is software that is supposed to help but I've never tried it myself so I'm not sure it would work for your situation. Still you might look at Windows Password Remover in our Freeware DB.

Ask a Question