can't pick up wireless

Reaction score
About a week ago, my pc's stopped picking up the signal from our wireless router. My wife's mac gets it fine. Microsoft will not help. I have spent several hours on the phone with ASUS tech support (though the same thing happened with my Dell, MSFT will not help me). I have reinstalled windows; reset to the wireless, and all the basic steps. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice? jhb

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You may need to give your ISP a call, since it's going on with two computers. Did your ISP provide the router? If so, they are required to check things out. I started to buy my own, but my ISP told me that if I did, and have problems other than no cable input, I'm on my own. And Welcome to the forum, jhbrockhaus! Try giving them a call, and see what they can do. Should you need further assistance, post back, there may be others with more experience than I, in regards to router settings or adjustments.

Reaction score
If neither PC can grab signals from your wireless router, it is likely defective and must be replaced. If the wireless router is rented from your ISP, give them a call.

Reaction score
check the MAC setting on your routers web based page. Make sure it's enabled, if not then clone it and then enable it.

Ask a Question