BSOD File Help!

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I Found a mini dump in my mini dump folder and was wondering if you could help?

i have the reader but every time i try to access it, it wont let me in and says to contact my system administrator which i am help!
Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you can't access the file that will be a problem because in order to help we need to see the file. Try copying the files to a folder under your "my documents".

If you are able to copy the files then zip the copy and upload it here. See How to Get BSOD Assistance for other things we need such as computer specs, etc.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Winzip is paid software and is not required. Windows 7 includes a method to zip files, in windows explorer simply highlight the file or files then right-click over them and "Send to > Compressed zipped folder). The only problem is that you cannot do that in the folder where the minidumps are stored, because it is write-protected, so you have to copy the DMP files to another folder such as under "my documents" first.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you get the same message if you copy the file to your "my documents" library?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you logged on to an administrator account? You need to be the administrator.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Or you will need Administrator rights to take ownership of the file.

Below is taken from the Microsoft TechNet site HERE.

Take Ownership of a File or Folder
194 out of 516 rated this helpful - Rate this topic
Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2

The owner of the object controls how permissions are set on the object and to whom permissions are granted.

The Take Ownership permission on an object or the Restore files and directories user right are the minimum requirements to complete this procedure. Review the details in "Additional considerations" in this topic.

To take ownership of a file or folder
  1. Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

2. Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

4. Click Edit, and then do one of the following:
    • To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.
    • To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.
  5. (Optional) To change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

Ask a Question