SOLVED Backup - Got more than I wanted

Reaction score
Win 7, 64 Bit
Just recently installed a 2nd internal drive (designated as drive E).

I went to Start/Maintenance/Backup & Restore.
After the back up was completed, I noticed the backup was larger than my C drive.
Some how it backed up stuff from the other internal hard drive as well.

How to get the system to only back up and image only data, libraries, etc from the C drive?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If all you want to do is backup images of drives / partitions, then download a copy of: Macrium Reflect Free.

It's an imaging program similar to Acronis True Image and just as fast too.

It wont backup files / folders but it does a great job otherwise.

Reaction score
Good to know.
But why did the back up incld 2 drives?

I did a custom (making sure the other drive would not be backed up - 2 drives showed up in the list: C & M (M is my paging file drive). So I am guess the System default would also have been C only.

After this backup, a msg popped up saying not every thing was able to be backed up and the bar was red. I could not figure out what was rejected.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If it was the Windows Backup I don't have any idea because I do not use it.

I heard too many negative comments about it on other forums.

Reaction score
I second Macrium. I use the free version and have found Windows Backup to be less than desirable. Assuming I can make it work.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If you have a Seagate or WD external drive, there's a free version of Acronis that you can get. It's a little better than Macrium is, plus there's a couple of more tools (cloning & drive sweeper). But keep in mind, it's not the full version of Acronis True Image.

Ask a Question