Autostart problem...

Reaction score
AutoPlay problem...
I have three external hard drives and one external disk drive. Every time my [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]computer[/COLOR][/COLOR] starts up when I turn it on, two of the external hard drives autostart as does the external disk drive (if there's a disk in it).

This has only started happening today and has never happened in the past. I recently bought a new computer as my last one blew a fuse (literally) but I haven't made any drastic changes to it (that I know of).

I realise that autostart settings can be changed and all that, which I've tried, but it's still occuring. The problem seems to be that autostart is set to open when I insert a memory chip into a reader slot - it reads mixed content - but the "mixed content" setting for some reason now includes the mixed content on my external hard drives. It's reading both.

Like I say, this hasn't happened before. It's just started happening for some unknown reason.

If anyone knows what's going on and how to stop my hard drives from firing up on every start up that would be helpful.

Cheers
D

Reaction score
I'm figuring this is a SATA system. I had this issue with a client's system when I installed an external backup drive. The system would try to boot from that drive. I went into BIOS and changed the drive settings to take that drive out of the boot sequence.

Ask a Question