SOLVED Auto prompt when deleting.

Reaction score
I had to have my faulty Hard Drive replaced, when I received it back, I am not getting the "Are you sure you want to delete this file" Prompt, when deleting files. For safety as I am always clicking and typing to fast, how can I turn on that option again.
Thanks in advance.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hello SnakeyB! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

Right-click on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop and then Properties, make sure the "Display Delete Confirmation Dialog" box is checked.

That should take care of it.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Go into the Properties of your Recycle Bin. Select the drive, and make sure the delete confirmation box is checked.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply's, I googled the problem first and that is what I had found. I have had and do have it checked, so the problem is elsewhere.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Hmmm. This probably won't make a difference, but try launching gpedit.msc, and then going to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Explore, dblclick Display confirmation dialog when deleting files and enable it.

Reaction score
It seems I now get the prompt on my c-drive but not on my external. I have them both checked in the recycle bin. Thanks for your info Core.

Ask a Question