Audio Glitches During Internet Usage

Reaction score
Ever since installing W7 Pro I've been having audio pops or glitches when the internet is in the process of loading. Anything streaming gives glitches, any video loading (youtube, etc) gives glitches until the buffering/loading is complete, any page loading up will cause music I'm listening to on the desktop to pop and glitch for a short time, if I'm downloading something, music on the desktop will pop and glitch severely throughout.

I've already tried installing the latest Realtek drivers. I've searched my ass off on forums and not a single solution anybody else seemed to find worked for me. As a musician who works with audio files this is more than a bit frustrating.

Please help.

Reaction score
Just a quick question, what brand of Sound Card are you using and did you get your Win 7 drivers from who ever makes the card?
Which model of Realtek or is Realtek what you're looking for? I got the drivers from the Realtek site.

Reaction score
Ok, the reason I asked was I had the same problems when I first upgraded to win 7 - I removed all sound card drivers and reinstalled them. Then I opened the computer and removed sound card and reinstalled it, then turned on the system and it worked perfectly.

Reaction score
Ok, the reason I asked was I had the same problems when I first upgraded to win 7 - I removed all sound card drivers and reinstalled them. Then I opened the computer and removed sound card and reinstalled it, then turned on the system and it worked perfectly.
Ugh. I hate doing things like this but I guess I don't really have much of a choice right now.

Reaction score
Not sure if that is a fix for what you have going on but it worked for me. These days with Sound Cards being fairly cheap you might think about upgrading if you can't get the problems fixed.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
TwinkieGorilla... welcome to the Windows 7 Forum website! :ciao:

Your avatar crack me up!

Hope you get your sound issues resolved soon.

If not let us know and maybe one of us will be able to help you. :cool:

Reaction score
Have you had a look in the device manager for any issues? From with in the device manager you can also uninstall the driver and reboot and it will load the original driver and see if that helps. I take it this is your onboard sound built into your mobo.

Ask a Question