Another freeze thread (I'm a noob)

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
First of all, I suck at computers, go easy on me and tell me step by step what to do.

History:

I bought today a PC with Windows 7 64,
Nvidia Geforce GT240
Intel E5700 3.00 Dual Core
Asus intel P5P41
Ram 4Gb DDR3
H.D.D. 1000 Gb
My monitor is a LG Flatron l1915s

Problem:
As the title says: Windows freezes after a few minutes, no matter what I do. It does work on safe mode just fine, so what's the problem? I've tried switching different monitors but nothing has changed, it still freezes. What can I do?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
BillSpencer, welcome to the forum!

This computer, is it new or used? The reason that I ask, if it's new, you'd have warranty coverage. And depending on where you bought a used computer, it may still have a 30 to 90 day warranty.

This time would allow you to allow the seller to make things right.

Cat

Reaction score
It's brand new - they built it just for me. I guess I'll just take it back tomorrow and tell them to do their magic on it and hope for the best...

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's exactly what you should do. If you paid for a custom computer, then the OEM (system builder) should stand behind it.

Let us know how it goes.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Probably driver issues here on this one.

A lot of shops have goobers who don't know the proper sequence in which drivers should be installed. Believe me I know this first hand! Since I have repaired systems that came from so-called "top notch" shops within days or weeks of purchase.

Reaction score
Took it back to them this morning and they said it's the graphic card and they'll change it so I can have it at 14:00 / 2PM spanish time. I hope this time it will work!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Glad to hear that the problem has been found. It's better that it acts up new, rather than later on. That way, there's no doubt about anything, as far as making things right goes.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get a 3 year warranty on it, if that's possible for you. Square Trade offers them at huge discounts. You'll need a receipt as proof of purchase.

I always recommend to anyone to get a 3 year warranty on a computer, as you never know when you'll need it.

Cat

Ask a Question