adobe flash in windows 7

Reaction score
i cant get adobe flash to work in my rc build 7100 installed 5may to work. i have now tried about 10 times. it installs but i find the plug ins do not work in my browser ie7 and chrome. can someone advise me. thanks hc

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 7 and what is the error you receive when trying to install it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Just an FYI - I have to use flash for my work, and i havent had any problems with it in either 32bit or 64, in 7100. But in reference to Thrax, I dont use a 64bit browser. Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
i just uninstalled ie8 cause it didnt like windows 7 or so i thought. my machine is a 32bit and thats what i have downloaded but adobe installs but wont work the plugins. ta hc

Reaction score
Just to throw in my 2 cents, I use Win 7 64 bit, which contains both 64 bit IE and 32 bit IE. I have shortcuts to both browsers as only 32 bit IE can use Flash.

So if I want to view youtube videos or whatever, I use 32 bit IE. If I want to read the news without all those #$%^& annoying jumping, shaking, flashing ads distracting me, I use 64 bit IE. Both work flawlessly with Win 7.

Best of both worlds IMO.

Reaction score
windows 7 64 bit

I have windows 7 64 bit OS and cannot view sites like you tube or play on some game sites due to not having a flash player. Which flash player will allow me to do those things with this 64 bit OS? I have been to the Adobe site and have been unable to obtain a flash player due to the 64 bit OS.

Reaction score
Hi Hintini - Welcome to w7forums

The 64-Bit browser does not have flash capabilities yet. If you need a flash capable browser use the 32-Bit.

Reaction score
Well, to repeat, Win7 64 contains BOTH IE32 and IE64 browsers. Only IE32 can run Flash.
When you install Win 7 it probably only shows IE64, so you have to dig around to find IE32. Some people have said they found it in the "All Programs" list. I wasn't so lucky.

So, to get to IE32 to make a shortcut on your desktop, go to "Computer," then "Local Disk." You should see 2 listings for "Program Files," but one of them will be "Program Files (x86)," That's the 32 bit section so open that up and you will see Internet Explorer. Right click it and then click Send To, then choose Desktop where it will create a shortcut there. Might want to relable it IE32 or something so you will know which IE you are opening.

Like I said earlier, I find IE64 very useful for reading the news as, by NOT having Flash, all those annoying ads can't run. It would be nice if Microsoft would let us toggle Flash on and off at will for that very reason lol.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Good post! Actually the IE icon in the taskbar is for the 32 bit version.

One must look for the IE8 64 bit version under the Programs area of the Start Orb.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
St8kout, I agree, w/o the flash player installed, there are no ads. So for those who wants to use IE, but not have to wait for the ads to load, the 64 bit IE is a good choice. I used to run it down because the lack of Flash, but finally came to my senses. Microsoft will introduce Flash on IE 64 bit when their ready to, not because of the customers complaining. Just like SP1 for Windows 7. Microsoft does things on their terms, and are not going to be rushed into releasing an inferior product. They have learned from the past, I'm glad, and will be more than happy to wait.

Ask a Question