Adding a printer

Reaction score
I cannot seem to add a printer. The menu comes up with two displays; Add a device and Add a printer. The Add a device works but the Add a printer just blinks and returns to the screen.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So clicking "add a printer" doesn't show the screen where you can "add a local printer" or "add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer"?

Is it a local USB printer you are trying to add, as it should auto-detect it when you plug it in. :)

Reaction score
No the screen doesn't come up.
It is a wireless device, I put W7 onto this small laptop, rather than one of the desktops. The problem is that although the network is detected, it can't find the printer, something that was easy in Vista. If I go to Windows, Devices and Printers, there is no sign of my printer, if I click Add a printer, the background goes darker and then nothing. It is a Dell Inspiron 6400, with 2 Meg of RAM and a nearly full harddrive. The printer is an Officejet 7310 All-in-One.
I hope you can help, as otherwise I'm quite impressed with W7.
Pete

Reaction score
The printer is an HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One. The drivers have had to be modified as it would not print duplex in Vista.I do have another printer an HP psc 2110 all-in-one.
Pete

Reaction score
Well, I had a major update and it seems to have affected the "add a printer". I have now got a working printer, still no auto-duplex, but it works.
Thanks for all your help

Ask a Question