Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your userid/pass were apparently invalid because when you attempted to send/get mail you were denied.

Reaction score
Trainman , thanks for the response, but were is the answer? what do I do with this srstrange e-mail. It will not delete Cataloochee

Reaction score
where is the question?
TM give an answer to the only question you ask.

Question: What does it mean?

If the message doesn't delete by normal deletion, I'm not sure what to tell you. I know some providers have their own location for notification that they send. Sometimes they control when notifications are removed.

You are calling this a Email message. Are you receiving this as a popup notification when trying to check for Email?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
To delete the message you have to successfully log in; which you can't if you are using the wrong userid/password.

So for starters, what mail program are you using?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You didn't really answer my question. How do you get your mail: do you use a browser and logon (ie webmail) or do you use a program like Microsoft Outlook?

It doesn't really matter too much because since it's comcast they have included technical support. I suggest you call them, mention the error you are getting, and have their technical support walk you through logging on (and correcting your settings if it is a program rather than webmail).

Reaction score
I'm sorry I couldn't answer your guestion about the mail but Comcast is now looking into the matter. But I want to thank you again for your help. Frankly I don't know how you do so much! Thanks again. I once had an untrainable wife.

Ask a Question