64 vs 32

Reaction score
I have Win 7 64bit version which I got originally with my laptop, can I down grade that version to 32bit version, because I cant find software, compatible with 64bit.Can you help me....?

Reaction score
Hi Chanda - Welcome to w7forums

If you went to purchase software, 90% of the software available will work with Windows 7 64-bit. You may need to use XP/Vista compatibility mode. Sometimes turning off UAC will allow you to install and run applications.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
The only way to downgrade from 64-bit to 32-bit is through a custom install, in other words a fresh install. This will wipe the existing data on the partition. Back up your data, pop the disc in, and let it fly.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I have Win 7 64bit version which I got originally with my laptop, can I down grade that version to 32bit version, because I cant find software, compatible with 64bit.Can you help me....?
Which software isn't compatible?

Have you tried installing the software?

Reaction score
Which software isn't compatible?

Have you tried installing the software?
Hi

I just placed the order for a laptop with windows home premium 64 bit. I would like to load tally 9. But when I searched in windows 7 compatibility center, it shows compatibility only with 32 bit windows 7. What shall I do now?

can I change 64 bit to 32 bit and install the s/w successfully
Rahul.

Reaction score
Hi Chanda - Welcome to w7forums

If you went to purchase software, 90% of the software available will work with Windows 7 64-bit. You may need to use XP/Vista compatibility mode. Sometimes turning off UAC will allow you to install and run applications.

I heard the compatibility mode runs only in windows 7 pro. Is it possible with windows home premium?

Reaction score
I heard the compatibility mode runs only in windows 7 pro. Is it possible with windows home premium?
Don't get Application Compatibility
If you have an older application for Windows XP or Vista (or even 95/98!) that no longer runs in Windows 7, you may be able to get it working properly by running the program in compatibility mode.

confussed with XP Mode.
Windows 7 includes a great new feature to almost eliminate compatibility problems with older software. Windows XP mode allows you to install and run applications in a 32-bin Windows XP environment, which seamlessly integrates with Windows 7. To take full take advantage of this feature, you will need to have virtualization technology built in to your processor. You can find out if your CPU supports it by following this link. Only Windows 7 Enterprise, Professional or Ultimate support Windows XP Mode, although you can run a full guest operating system under any version of Windows 7.

Reaction score
Hello chanda,

64BIT v 32-Bit and Upgrade Issues:
Just a bit of FYI to understand the issues with 32-bit and 64-bit OS upgrades and later options that may or may not be available to you later:
When upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 you must upgrade the version currently installed within Windows Vista to the corresponding version in Windows 7. I.E. Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium; Windows Vista Business to Windows 7 Professional; and Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate. You also cannot upgrade a 32-bit operating system to 64-bit -- to migrate from 32-bit to 64-bit will require a custom install.
Additionally, you will not be able to "upgrade" from a 32-bit version of Windows 7 to 64-bit -- the architecture between the two is too drastically different to allow such a change. To learn more about the differences between a 32-bit operating system and 64-bit please go to the following link: http://bit.ly/2aT3xP
I hope that helps you out!
You can also find lots of information on Windows 7 here in our Springboard website:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support